Wednesday, March 30, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in WPK Magazine -Translation

For the magazine scans go HERE
With lots of anticipation MBLAQ “The last K-POP Monster” will debut in Japan in May.

This time we will be focusing on their first full length album “BLAQ Style” that is release in Korea in this interview. I can feel the enthusiasm between the 5 members towards their activities in Japan.

1. This album is one that has high degree of completion. From the title of the album, we could feel that it means “MBLAQ’s Style!” With these, can you explain to us roughly what the style is? (I could feel the strong will of competing in the music industry. You put in lots of effort in producing it right?)
Seungho: As long as you listen to the songs in the album, you will be able to feel what we want to express in the album. It is the style that only MBLAQ has.
G.O: Recent singles that are release tracks are very ordinary and sparse, so we wish to produce an album with high quality and also it must worth the price.
Joon: In general, we can release a new song in a month; however, we stopped all of our other activities to concentrate on this album.
Cheondoong: I want to thank the company for heeding our advice, spending lots of time to complete this album carefully.
Mir: I’m also involved in writing the lyrics, and also have a collection of our own composition, I think this is an album that show MBLAQ’s members’ styles.

2. Within the whole album, the electric music element is very strong, bringing music video feeling together. Is it because you wanted to have all the same music element that is why you remix “Oh Yeah and “Y”? (Is it that you fear the original song will not be compatible with the album’s style hence you didn’t include them in?)
Seungho: Because everyone know the original version of “Oh Yeah” and “Y”, hence we would like everyone to listen to something refreshing.
G.O: Because we wanted to bring a new feel to everyone from our past songs, hence we do a remix with them.
Cheondoong: We wanted to bring in new different performance and that is remix versions.

3. Title song “Stay” is also a very aggressive song, what is your first impression after listening to it? What kind of charisma does it contain?
Joon: “Stay” is a song that is a little different from our other songs that we have before. Compared to “Oh Yeah” and “Y”, it is more appealing.
Mir: Singers always are troubled about how to show a better performance to everyone, we met this song when facing this problem. I think it really suits the style of a Korean Idol and the dance move.

4. G.O composed “Unable to Return” in the Repackage album; you have interacted with Rado who composed “Stay”, to MBLAQ, what does the existence of Rado meant to you?
G.O: I felt really thankful to be able to work with such a good composer. Because he is really busy, he also spent lots of time for us. I would like to work with him again next time.


5. It really surprises me that you can sing songs like “Cry” that is full of sadness. It is a performance full of tension. Did you guys do anything for you to be able to express this song?
Joon: I think the experiences that I gain from acting are very useful.
Seungho: It’s practice! Reading information that is similar to the concept, listening to music that is similar to the song, to practice and then to interact with the members.
Mir: Real life experiences?? (chuckles)

World star Rain and well-known R&B singer JR.Groove produced high sense music, the 5 members can easily show the music by their performance capabilities, and their costumes that are full of fashion tone. MBLAQ’s weapon is, their “fashion sense” that won over anyone.

After they debut, many anticipated for their debut in Japan, they’re finally landing in Japan this May! Before this they had released their first full-length album “BLAQ Style” in Korea.

This album consists of MBLAQ’s style, is a high quality album that fulfills the needs of different fans.

The title song “Stay” is based on hip hop, electro and rock. Other songs includes “Sad Memories” that Seungho composed, “You’re my+” which Mir was involved in the rap composing, etc. The album includes lots of songs with the emotions of the members.

Pursuing the existing K-POP music and a different MBLAQ. It was anticipated that MBLAQ will gain a batch of new fans in Japan.

6. Who gave the idea of including breathing sounds in “Y”?
G.O: It’s Rain’s idea. He always have lots of ideas, often gives us suggestions. I think his strongest ability is by expressing the objective to the maximum.

7. There are some parts in “Y’ that are similar to Rain. Did you guys get affect by him on your singings? Can you give me some examples?
Seungho: “Y” is composed by Rain sunbae*, so it contains his colors.
Cheondoong: We wanted to learn more different ways of singing and performing styles, we also imitate Rain sunbae* a lot
*sunbae-senior

8. Rain composed the song “Darling”, what kind of feel does this song consist, what kind of fee did he want you guys to perform it?
G.O: This is a very lively song; the lyrics are very positive, and full of hope.
Mir: Because this is a happy song, so he wants us to sing it like when we’re playing games. Let the happy feel in the song to convey the listener.

9. When did G.O, Mir and Cheondoong starts learning how to compose (or write lyrics)? Did you use synthetic instruments or piano when composing?
G.O: Because of the schedules, a lot of our times are used travelling and sitting in the car, normally we compose using notebook during our travelling time.
Mir: I will try to write some when I have free time. Because there will be a song for our fans (You’re my+) in this full-length album, the first thing that came across my mind was my first chance has arrived!
Cheondoong: I will use both instrument and notebook. Because I can use both of them to train myself.

10. Did you write the lyrics based on your experiences? Or is it based on your imaginations?
G.O: There are experiences and also imaginations (chuckles).
Mir: I write it while I was thinking of the fans! (You’re my+)

11. Where do you get your inspirations?
Cheondoong: Most of them are the things that we encountered every day. There are some ideas popping up while we are travelling or when I am playing with the members (chuckles).

12. After being involved in this album, have you made any discovery or made any growth?
Seungho: Firstly I think that all the members have grown a lot in music. G.O, Mir, Cheondoong and I had join in for composing and writing lyrics, we discuss a lot about this album, expressing our ideas and suggestions. And because of these I find that we had grown a lot in terms of music.

13. Filming in the water leaves a deep impression to everyone. How was the filming progress? Is there anyone in you who is afraid of the water?
Joon: At first I thought that I am used to the water… But I find it really scary at that time.
Mir: Because of our schedules, that day when we just finished rehearsing we have to go into the actual filming immediately, that kind of fear no one will be able to understand unless you have experienced it before.
Seungho: But the members are working hard with their lives, the results of the filming is really good, very satisfied.

14. In the Repackage album, Cheondoong and G.O challenged writing lyrics and composing, please tell us under what conditions did you guys wrote the songs.
G.O: Being a singer, I always wanted to challenge myself by composing. I’m really thankful to those who listen to this album and also give us your fullest support. I will work hard in writing better songs in the future.
Cheondoong: I have been preparing in composing. I challenged writing lyrics and composing thjis time is to find my own style (chuckles).

15. Mir is involved in writing lyrics for “Unable to Return”, how did you participate?
Mir: I participated in the rap part. It’s the second time writing lyrics, but it is still not very easy.

16. Mir and Joon, are you guys intending of showcasing your compositions in the future?
Mir: I still cannot compose a full song by myself. I would like to participate in writing the rap part like in the full album, and learn slowly.
Joon: I feel that I need to be more mature in my music. But if there is a chance I would like to showcase my work. I would work hard in learning music to achieve this.

17. It is getting closer to your debut in Japan, recordings and album cover photo shooting, how long did you guys took to prepare all these?
G.O: Recordings, album over photo shooting and PV are completed. We are looking forward to the results.

18. In Japan, what is the strategy for MBLAQ to not get beaten?
Cheondoong: Like the reports, “MBLAQ Style’s vampires” We are recognized as “Chic-dol” in Korea, I wish we will be getting lots of support in Japan too.

19. Please say something to the fans that are anticipating for your debut in Japan.
Seungho: We MBLAQ is finally going to debut in Japan. Please support us a lot.
G.O: We will put in lots of effort, to let everyone see our cooler image.
Joon: MBLAQ!! Please support us!
Cheondoong: I’m really happy being able to have activities in Japan. We will show everyone our best performance.
Mir: I love you guys~!

PROFILE [MBLAQ]
Seungho, G.O, Joon, Cheondoong, Mir. Debut in Korea with the single “JUST BLAQ” in the year 2009. The name of the group is the acronym for “Music Boys in Absolute Quality”. Before they debut, they become a topic because of Rain as the producer. They received the “Group Singer Award” in the 17th Talented Artist Award of the Republic of Korea.

Source: W.P.K magazine
Chinese Translation: MBLAQ China
English Translation/Reuploaded: 기적♥@mblaqattack.com
DO NOT ADD OR EDIT CREDITS WHEN TAKING OUT OF MBLAQATTACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment