Tuesday, August 9, 2011

[INTERVIEW] SeungHo Interview on B-pass Magazine - August 2011 Issue

MBLAQ 
personal issue

Seungho (スンホ)

Q. When did you begin to take an interest in music?
A. “Since I’ve started learning piano from around 6~7 years old, I’ve listened to various genre of music without any distinction. I also like to sing to myself as a child.”

Q. What’s the reason that made you start learning piano?
A. “During kindergarten, my teacher would play a kindergarten song on the piano for us everyday. I remembered that melody naturally and so I’ve started playing the melody at the piano in my house. Because of that my parent thought that I have a talent in playing the piano so they sent me to a piano school. I’ve continued to play for about 10 years I believe.”

Q. Are you still playing now?
A. “After becoming an artist, I haven’t played, but very recently, I’ve started taking jazz piano lessons.”

Q. What genre of music have you been listening?
A. “During my school days, it was pretty much western songs, I loved Michael Jackson. If it’s J-POP, I think its X-JAPAN. For me, oppose to finding new artists to listen, I the type that listens to artists from the past and stick with them.”

Q. What about the present?
A. “I like MAROON 5 a lot.”

Q. Now in the special edition of MBLAQ’s 1st Korean album, “BLAQ STYLE”, you’ve recorded your self-composed instrumental score “Sad Memories” and is also apart of the piano performance am I right.
A. “That’s right, but the recording was more troublesome then I’ve expected. During the actual recording, even the crackling sounds of the piano pedal were being picked up, so I must be really cautious during the recording. When we record it again, it was really hard to make it blend with the song, so from mid-way into the song things were very hectic. But after we’ve successfully recorded it, I felt really satisfied and accomplished.”

Q. And what about the composition process?

A. “Sometimes when I play on the piano, I will a play a song that I already know, and from that, I will try playing a different melody. I was thinking that composing songs this way is pretty interesting too. Actually when I was making the song, I knew that the leading track is going to be “Cry”, so I have an image of a melody that is connected to “Cry” while making the song. So “Sad Memories” and “Cry” uses the same chord. Because “Cry” is a song that expresses sadness, “Sad Memories” is also a melody that can bring tears to the listeners. This story, I don’t really have that much chance to talk about it so this is something that only the members knew.”

Q. What a precious story! Based on that, which song line-up would be interesting to listen to?
A. “Actually when I was listening to them in my car I line them up this way. “Sad Memories” --> “Cry”--> “Stay” ……I arranged them this way.

Q. Now, what is Seungho-san’s “must item”?
A. “I will decide on the gadget that I will bring with me each day. Today is my PSP. The things that will make me feel uneasy if I don’t have them are my cell phone and my iPod. If we are going to be out for a long period of time I will definitely bring my notebook with me.”

Q. You seem to be a mecha-mania aren’t you (laughs)?
A. “Yes, I also went to see many things in Japan you know! Like Ikebukuro’s big camera, Shibutani and Akihabara’s YAMADA Denki…actually this PSP, I bought it in Shibutani’s YAMADA Denki (laughs).”

Q. Lastly, what do you think about this thought, “I’m lucky to be apart of MBLAQ”.
A. “The first two that became apart of MBLAQ was me and Joon. Regarding the criterions of the other members, Jihoon-hyung said that their true ability is also important, but if they are not a good human being then it’s an NG too. And the other three that joined us later are really good guys just as Jihoon-hyung said. We have a relationship that even surpasses the feeling of a family. We are the kind of friends that can openly talk to each other just like childhood friends. And that is MBLAQ’s good point.”


Credit scans: ___mini via twitter
Translator : Ririsu @ AbsoluteMBLAQ
PLEASE KEEP ALL CREDITS. DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL CREDITS IF REPOSTING.


Hannah's comment: YSH is taking Jazz piano lessons? so cool~~~ he's totally an interesting guy..
btw there's lots to comment at but I dont know how to say it here.. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment