Wednesday, August 17, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ on ODINA Vol.6 Part 2


The five members with five colors have great individuality in their fashion in private. Everyone of them must also differ in such point as where they are attracted to in girls. We straightly approached to that area that people care about as well.
How about ladies fashion? What kind of fashion and hair style do you prefer?
Seungho I think that the style of looking nice in simple clothing is good.
G.O Feminine style that fits that person.
Joon Fashion that is comfortable and looks like one can easily move in it.
Cheondung White t-shirt and jeans with curly hair.
Mir Hiphop style for me~
What is the girl’s gesture that surely stuns you?
Mir It’s when a delicate girl comes to talk to me now and then, but unfortunately I don’t even have much experience like that. Because I don’t have a lot of experience with girls …… I have a lot of female friends, but because they are only my friends, things like being stunned never happened to me.
Joon For me it’s the signs of shyness. If at the moment when our eyes meet she smiles at me shyly with embarrassment, my heart will beat fast.
Cheondung Maybe it’s when I get tricked. For example, things like poking me lightly while passing each other. I’m very ticklish. I will almost feel unpleasant even if I’m only about to be touched. Ah, this is more of being surprised than stunned, I suppose.
What kind of girl’s expression makes your heart throb?
Cheondung When she smiles at me even with no reason. Because we are chic-dols, our type is expected to be chic girls, or girls who don’t smile much, but I prefer girls who only smile at me.
Seungho A girl’s dancing appearance makes my heart throb. It doesn’t matter what kind of dance she’s dancing and is ok even if it’s a funny dance. I really feel the charm when a girl is dancing.
How do you find the female idols’ dance?
Seungho I don’t see that a lot. Though I said dancing, it’s a statement that limits to the girl whom I’m interested in persistently.
G.O It’s when she shows her weaknesses rather than her gestures. I like feminine people. (I like) girls who look like a girl no matter how anyone looks at it more than boyish people. There are things that guys seem to be able to do casually but are difficult for girls, right? For example, things like being unable to carry heavy things. I feel her femininity when it seems like she’s going to be broken somehow. I have a good impression of the type that is full of femininity.
So if all of you were girls, which member would you want to date?
Mir Hahaha…… If I have to pick one no matter what, I’ll pick G.O hyung. The reason of that is because he will give me nice presents. To girls he treats them really well and is very reliable and kind. However, (he’s like this) to his girlfriend only. Because Seungho hyung is indiffernt, Joon hyung seems to be possessive, and I haven’t seen Cheondung when he’s in love yet, after all if I dare to choose I’ll choose G.O hyung.
Cheondung As for me it’s “me,” because I’m more of a “good boy” than the other members. Though all of them are “good boys,” I’m slightly above them.
Joon Because as for Cheondong he himself is the best anyway (laugh). I thought he would answer that he wouldn’t date anyone or he would choose Mir, though.
How about you, Joon?
Joon If I’m forced to choose I’ll choose Cheondung. The reason is because he doesn’t have much love experience, I think he’s pure.
Seungho I can’t even imagine the assumption of this question. I get goosebumps thinking about it alone (laugh). However, if I dare to choose maybe I’ll choose Joon. The reason is that he’s always kind to girls, and he’s the type that can yield to girls.
G.O I wouldn’t date any of the members! It definitely doesn’t mean that I don’t like the members. In the 2 years after I’ve met the members a lot (of things) happened, I’m happy, and we know each other thoroughly now. Though when a guy and a girl start dating there are pleasures and happiness in getting to know each other, there were not (if I dated a member). They say that it’s not much fun in dating after knowing everything……
Then G.O is the type that falls in love at first sight?
G.O Yes, that’s right. I’m the type that falls in love at first sight and devotes myself to that person.


MBLAQ returned home with the crown of Oricon 1st place in their hands. After their comeback in the K-POP world, they aim at the universe. They set forth “the best performance in the universe” as the theme of their first solo concert in August, and the blaqies are planning a further scale-up this summer.
As your promotion in Japan that extended over about a month ended, you returned home at the end of May. On your way from the airport of Seoul to the city, when you were looking at the Han River what were you thinking of?
Seungho I was thinking about our next activities in Korea.
G.O I planned to work harder and harder from now on no matter I’m in Korea or Japan. There are no such things like I’ll give either country’s activities priority, and I’ll have to work hard in everything and grope for a way to advance further.
Joon I thought, “We ended our activities in Japan without any problems as well~”
Cheondung I became aware that “ah here is Korea.”
Mir I had a feeling of “I miss you, Han River~!” (laugh)
Besides your family, fans and staff, what was the thing that was waiting for MBLAQ?
Cheondung Our schedule. When we returned to Korea our schedule was tight (laugh).
Mir My mother’s cooking.
You dyed your hair black right after you went back. What is the reason of that?
G.O It’s our next album’s concept!
Joon That’s right. We dyed our hair black for our concept.
Mir I like black hair a lot, too.
Seungho in particular has a reputation of “looking young and cute” among fans.
Seungho At first I felt a bit uncomfortable, but now I like it a lot.
Cheondung But it’s because the originator of black hair is me (laugh).
How will your comeback in the K-POP world with black hair be?
Seungho An MBLAQ that is once again different from what we’ve been showing so far will be shown! Everyone, please anticipate!
Cheondung You will be able to meet the blaqies (laugh).
How about the new song?
G.O It will be a pop song that is pretty addictive.
Mir It’s a very good song, so now I only listen to that demo.
As your comeback is coming soon, who is feeling a little nervous?
Joon I’m feeling a bit nervous.
Mir For me it’s “quite (nervous).” I think everyone will be surprised at our new appearance, too!
It has been decided that you will hold your first solo concert “MEN IN MBLAQ” on August 20th. It seems like you will reveal “the best performance in the universe” then, but what is each member determined to do?
Seungho First of all I aim at a concert with high completeness.
G.O To work hard and do my best so that I myself can satisfy and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Joon I want to liven it up happily more than anything.
Mir It’s our first concert, so I’ll work hard to respond to everyone’s anticipation.
Cheondung And I’ll take advantage of this to have my solo debut? (laugh)
Since it’s called “the best in the universe,” you must also beat the aliens and extraterrestrials. By the way, do you believe that aliens exist?
Seungho U~m, I don’t.
G.O I don’t (laugh).
Joon I do (laugh), but I’ve never met one.
Cheondung Yes, I do. I saw one the other day, too (!?).
Mir I do!!!
From what you have seen so far, whose concert do you want to aim at?
All RAIN sunbaenim’s concert!
G.O, you are releasing your solo digital single “Even In My Dream,” right (releasing on July 4th)? If you are to give a catch copy* to this song by yourself (what is it)?
G.O For example…… Maybe “the feeling of a man who wants to be loved even in his dream.”
The other members heard this song and how was it?
Seungho He’s truly the heavenly voice G.O.
Joon It’s absolutely ama~zing.
Mir It’s the best!
Cheondung The lyrics have a bit of my idea in them, so it’s good (laugh).
After returning from the space, probably they will also be restarting their activities in Japan again in the near future. Seriously what is their next move in Japan?
At the high touch meeting of “Your Luv” you high touched a total of 36,500 people. I think it’s a tremendous number, but wasn’t it difficult?
Seungho I’m completely fine with it! But after it was over, all members went to bed right away.
Joon I didn’t become completely exhausted like I thought. I was fine.
G.O On the contrary I received energy from many people and became cheerful.
Cheondung I gained a bit of arm muscles (laugh).
How do you want to come into contact with your fans next time?
Seungho Of course an event that shows our performance would be nice.
G.O I want to have a fan event again! Our last event was fun.
Joon This time isn’t a sign meeting nice, too?
Mir It’s nice. Fansign meeting!
Cheondung If we can make some plan that’s like a surprise it seems to be interesting, right~
Cheondung, you were very good at the members’ portrait that was revealed at the fan event. Have you been always good at fine arts?
Cheondung Yes. I often drew dinosaurs when I was a kid.
When you are drawing the members, what is the point that is similar to a disfigurement?
Cheondung Hair style and body hair, I suppose (laugh).
Joon, you were selected as the model of “Kiss Republic” underwear and showed us your admirable physical beauty, right?
Mir Joon hyung’s muscles are really too incredible~ Even I who likes professional wrestling sees him, he looks just like a real professional wrestler (laugh).
Mir, if you become a model in a commercial in Japan, what kind of product is good?
Mir Ramen.
How about the other members?
Seungho Curry commercial! What amazed me after I’ve stayed in Japan for a while is that cutlet curry is too good. In Korea it’s more delicious to eat in the restaurant than the home delivery, but in Japan the home delivery is as good as eating in the restaurant. It’s also nice that they put it in a thermal insulating container and deliver it.
G.O For me it’s razor.
It’s none other than G.O who was active as moustache-dol at the beginning of his debut! How about the other two people?
Joon For me it’s shampoo.
Cheondung A coffee commercial is good, I suppose.
When this magazine is available for sale it will be mid-summer! What is everyone’s memory of summer holidays?
Seungho The sea! And mountains!
G.O Eating watermelons.
Joon I took a nap with the TV on at home~
Cheondung Detention class (tears).
Mir Playing in the mountains and rivers.
At last, vampires, please tell us your next aspiration in Japan. Has a solo public performance at Tokyo Dome also come to your sight?
Seungho Our next aspiration is to get 1st place on Oricon weekly chart first. The next is Tokyo Dome.
Shooting Sketch
It was also raining on this day. When we were shooting the “WHITE MBLAQ” special gravure of HOT CHILI PAPER Vol.64 we had some heavy rain in Seoul after a long time, too. They absolutely have some relationship with “rain.” Following the “WHITE MBLAQ” that was greatly well-received, of course we will go for the regular tactic for attack with the group’s theme color “black.” The concept is Rock n Roll! We tried an image of young energetic city rockers.
Did the members that appeared in the studio get tired from their overly tight daily schedule? They gave off a feeling of having a bit low tension. However, when they were doing their hair and getting changed, switch on! We started the solo cuts of the photoshoot from Seungho. We also prepared all kinds of food as gadgets, and for Seungho it’s an apple! He had a bite for us and said “Yummy!” while he broke into a broad smile. On the side Mir was in the middle of having his individual interview. The other members were relaxing in their own way like eating their bento** (Japanese style fried meat and pork cutlets) and flipping through the back issues of HOT CHILI.
As one would expect of a chic-dol, they also don’t lack in their attention to details. What shocked us is that Cheondung put on the somewhat loose white tank top that Joon was wearing at the beginning without our knowledge. Perhaps he wanted to show us the result of his body training. During the photoshoot, whenever cheers broke out from the staff who looked at the monitor, “Oh~, so handsome!” both the members and the tension in the set got heated up! When the photoshoot was over, Joon and Cheondung brought out their own camera, checked the cameraman’s monitor and took pictures of their favorite cuts. We were somewhat being moved to tears by Cheondung’s words, “Because if they don’t get to appear in the magazine, I’ll never see the cuts that I myself like.” The interview with the 5 people was about fashion and was a swirl of explosive laughter. It was free and rough, but we are making it into shape. We have a real feeling that we have checked out the team power of that MBLAQ!
*Catch copy = the large text that appears in ads or brochures to catch the reader’s attention.
**Bento = Japanese box lunch
Credit: ___mini via twitter
Translator : mocha @ AbsoluteMBLAQ
PLEASE KEEP ALL CREDITS. DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL CREDITS IF REPOSTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment