Saturday, September 3, 2011

[INTERVIEW] Seungho on ODINA Vol.6 Part 3



K-POP world’s foremost “Home Electronics & Qualifications” idol
The big-hearted leader who leads the group to the high place


As K-POP world’s number one “home electronics idol,” please tell us your favorite machine.
Notebook PC. It is handy and can do anything, so I use it regularly the most.

What kind of music do you listen to with your PC and MP3 player?
The ones that I listen to all the time are Eminem’s “Won’t Come Back Down,” MAROON 5, X JAPAN’s songs and piano jazz. I repeat them endlessly. When I’m listening to the songs of the first 3, my tension goes up, I’ll be in a very happy mood and get energy. And then at the end with jazz I get to calm down and regain my composure.

If a home electronics idol is to give presents to a girl?
I have assembled an original PC and given it out as a present once only. As living in a home that is surrounded by brothers, I don’t understand what pretty and cute things are at all. I’ve done things like asking my buddy’s girlfriend what kind of keyboard and mouse is good and trying to attach a cute character. The response was also good. Besides that, I’ve given cellphone, video player, game console for killing time and so on as presents before.

How about giving flowers as presents?
Never, because I don’t know the names of the flowers well. The ones I know are rose, baby’s breath, chrysanthemum, cherry blossom and that’s about it.

If you are to write lyrics for yourself, what kind of words will you put in?
“Dream.” I think that if I go forward with a big dream and hope, even if it doesn’t come true, I can reach half of it. Even it’s a dream that seems to be impossible realistically, I always persist and try hard to make it come true.

Since when did you have the dream of being a singer?
It was quite late. I majored in acting when I was a student, and besides that I formed a dance team for my hobby. At that time, I came to realize that I like performances that display my all in a short time on stage more than acting. Because of that, when I reached 22 I had my audition for the first time with a feeling of it being the first and last time. When I was a trainee I kept getting scolded only. Even if I tried my best I got scolded, and even if I did well I didn’t get praised. Perhaps it has the meaning of “you must always make an effort.” I can’t forget the words that the team leader of our agency and RAIN sunbaenim gave me just before debut, “Finally your dance became like a dance.” I got cheered up a lot, and my feeling of loneliness and hardships until then disappeared in a flash.

You are famous as a qualification mania, too, but it also has something to do with your background of aiming at becoming a singer after 20, doesn’t it?
I only got the qualifications that are necessary at a general workplace. The people of our agency also said, “Even if you don’t become a singer you can survive, I suppose.” I’ve been wanting qualifications since I was an elementary school student, no, in kindergarten.

What kind of dream do you have now?
I want to reach the top as a singer. I’m always thinking about how to do it, as MBLAQ, as myself, if I can go higher. One day I want to be told, “You are the singer of singers!”

What kind of songs do you sing at karaoke?
I often sing “Chilgap Mountain” that was the favorite trick of my grandfather who has passed away. I heard it when I was a kid, but as being young accordingly I didn’t feel people’s suffering and sorrow of life. People laugh when I’m singing it in front of them because it’s too old, but because it brings back my memory I have to sing it. I’ve never climbed Chilgap Mountain, though. For other trot songs I often sing “Everybody Cha Cha Cha,” too.

How is your dream for marriage?
My dream before was to get married at 20 and become a young father. For now, in my early or mid 30s? Then I’ll bring up two boys like they are my friends, and it will be nice if they will become computer programmers for me.

What do you see in your dreams when you are sleeping?
I don’t dream much. I do my best in sleeping and can’t even wake up fully in the morning. Even if there’s an earthquake in the middle of the night, I might not notice it completely.

What do you yourself think is being misunderstood?
It seems that everyone thinks I’m “scary.” “Aren’t you angry” and so on. It’s because I always speak straightly. I can’t speak like softly and euphemistically.

When you are seriously angry, how will you be?
I’ll be at a loss for what to do. After that I don’t know either. I don’t have the memory. Well, since I became a singer I’ve changed a lot, though. Originally I was the type that rarely talks except with my close friends, but it’s become so that I talk to people actively.

When you Seungho, who is manly like that, thinks about it, what is a must for friendship between men?
Alcohol? I myself don’t dislike alcohol, but I drink when I am off work, meet my friends in a long time, and that’s about it. As I’m not near my friends and to my delight I have a lot of work, we can’t meet easily.

Frankly, does friendship between a guy and a girl hold true?
It doesn’t. A guy and a girl can’t be friends. Even if we have friends that we’ve been close since elementary school, as we grow up we become aware of the opposite sex and start to like them as girls, right? There are also cases in which friends grow into lovers, so the opposite sex is the opposite sex.

(Photo caption) He appeared in his own black top and black bottom and was warming up in light steps while drinking coffee. The black inner v-neck t-shirt he was wearing is his own belongings. Recently v-neck is his favorite. At break time he turned to his notebook PC.
Credit: ___mini
Scans:

Translator : mocha @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

Some of Seungho's answers are really funny. Like, he does his best in sleeping and not being able to wake up in the morning. He's so hardworking even when he sleeps. Heheh

No comments:

Post a Comment