Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ on Music Bank Magazine (Japan)

-Group Interview-

The temptation of addictive spanish tango!!
MBLAQ has a charm different from any other groups.
Their aura grab womens’ heart without a single word.

These 5 attractive men even tempt “Mona Lisa”.
Soon after their comeback with new mini album “Mona Lisa”,
MBLAQ created a great sensation by becoming no.1 at online chart on the day it’s released.
Here are many aspects of their charms from powerful performance to shooting sketch.

- Your new album is highly appreciated. I heard you’ve tried different genre with the title song “Mona Lisa”.
What are the exact things you challenged?


G.O: The concept for this album is “masterpieces”. We actually immitated masterpieces with album jacket.
We recorded this album with wishing for everlasting popularity as masterpieces.
The title song “Mona Lisa” is a mixture of spanish rhythm and electronic dance.
This genre was never seen so we named “spanish electronic dance”.
We especially concentrated on vocals for this song, as people might say it is too difficult for
a group who perform with dancing. I love this song because we can show our ability of singing
with still dancing energetically.

- “Mona Lisa” is unique from other your songs with composing melody which cater to popular taste.
On the other hand, you must be worried of fans reaction who loved your originality.


Seungho: Yes. Since we finished recording, we’ve been wondering how fans reaction is going to be like.
However, it attracted interests not only from our fans but also other music lovers.
I think the melody which is easy to remember and sing along was maybe effective.
Our songs before this album were hard to immitate with complicated beat and powerful dance,
but “Mona Lisa” is catchy but has sophisticated melody.
We wanted you to enjoy listening to our singing. Challenging different things is important,
but creating music which loved by everyone is also great.

- Cheondung, I heard you improved your singing skill with taking a vocal training.
Fans appreciated too, how do you feel about it?


Cheondung: Yes, thanks for recognizing my effort LOL! We mostly get compliment for dance performance,
but we are not satisfied with it and wanted to become good singer as well.
So vocal training was hard but not tiring. To be honest, singing with dancing is hard LOL,
but it is worthy of trying. I also try not to use earphones during live performances
to enjoy together with the audience.


- As for dance performance, you showed strong image along spanish music.
Please tell us point of choreography.


Joon: The performance we showed till now were sexy and powerful. For this album, we put in deeper passion as well.
Therefore many movements which reminds of the spanish matador or the tango dancer are included.
In the latter half of the song, we added sigh move to emphasize the dynamics.
Most of people say it is interesting to watch.
We all shed our sweat in the hot training room to practice this performance,
so it is my pleasure to know people liked it.

- The music video for “Mona Lisa” which revealed before comeback also created the news.
Do you have any memorable episode while shooting?

Mir: Ah, I just remembered what troubled me whole time while shooting. LOL.
To create wild atmosphere, we located at the place under construction, and I had a scene to run up the stairs.
It was really hot day, and I repeated dozens of times running up and down from first to eighth floor,
but this scene was cut finally…LOL.
I watched the completed video with other members, you cannot imagine how sad I was…!!
As for me, it was the only part I regret and feel sad… LOL.

Joon: I’ve got something to say too! On the day of shooting, there were a lot of birds I don’t know why.
I don’t remember what kind of birds they were, but they just kept interrupting us!! LOL.
They kept flying around and even excreted. Not only us members but also staffs suffered…
Fortunately, completed music video was awesome and got many compliments, I nearly forgot about it. LOL.

- Who is “Mona Lisa” in this song?

G.O: This song represent a man’s passion to a woman. “Mona Lisa” stands for a woman with mysterious charm
who is never reachable from a man. It is like one-sided love which he has nothing to but stare.
Our song “Mona Lisa” with spanish rhythm suits a man’s painful affection to a woman
and it expresses all the people’s feeling who is in hopeless love.

- Well, what if a woman like “Mona Lisa” came to you?

Seungho: I’ve never met my Mona Lisa yet. LOL. But someday when she came to me, I’ll hold her and never let her go!

G.O: I haven’t seen my Mona Lisa neither. If I find the destined girl, I would never let her go!

Joon: At the very moment Mona Lisa appeared, I will ask her to marry me! It’s perfect if it was my middle-thirties!

Cheondung: In my case…, I will take time to look at her for a while and then tell her my feeling.
I don’t want to be a heavy load on her by rushing.

Mir: I haven’t met too…! As for now, fans are my Mona Lisa. It’s no lie!!

- There is a line in lyrics “desire more passionately than the sun”.
Do you have anything you desire that much?

Joon: Muscles! I need them to keep masculine image, but it is hard keep training…

Cheondung: I’d be glad if my composed songs got into new album!
I wish I could sing better and fans would sing my songs…
Even those imagination makes me happy!

G.O: I’m keen on writing songs too. I want to compose many songs for next album and want fans to listen to them.
Someday in near future… I hope it would happen.

Mir: Something I’m desperate to get! It’s winning number one on “MUSIC BANK”.
Please give us your support!

Seungho: Let’s see… I come up with many ideas when I’m asked suddenly!
I think what I want most is winning on music program too!
I really want to win from bottom of my heart. LOL.

- Since your debut in Japan in May, you have won the first place on oricon daily chart for continuous three days
and your popularity is increasing in Japan as well. Please give a message to Japanese fans
and let us know about your work plan in Japan after this.


G.O: I’d be representative for this. LOL. Thank you very much for supporting us while we are working in Korea!
We are now promoting for this album in Korea, but we are planning to release new single in Japan in October.
I hope we could see you then! Please wait for us!

- For the ending, please tell us your goals and what you pursue in music.

(Not mentioned who answered this… Maybe Seungho?)
We don’t want to end up with becoming a popular idol group. We want to keep growing as musicians who love music.
This is the shared goal of MBLAQ members. We will work harder to give back to you
who kindly look on us and anticipate us!



-Shooting Sketch-

01. Chic-dols MBLAQ’s different charms? Cameraman asked them to smile a little more,
then Mir and Joon answered with big smiles!

02. Interviewing proceeded while shooting. “We are busy! Photo shooting then interviews…!”
Members answered earnestly even schedule was tight!

03. “Just a moment please! Put some lipstick on…” Members were at the reharsal till just before shooting.
They had makeup on or drank water while on going.

04. Cheondung’s charismatic appeal! He gazed into the camera. He was wondering what to do with the tool,
but decided to stand next to it with grabbing. After that, Cheondung regretted by
seeing Joon lifted up the tool and shooting manly… “I could do that too!!”

05. Photo shooting continued! “How long… I should stay holding this…?”

06. Before shooting, Cheondung was having freshen up his makeup. On the day, stylist for MBLAQ kept running around
to check members’ hair style and makeup. “It’s really hot but I should spare no effort for cool photos…!!”
With her support, shooting ended up with no problem!

07. Joon’s turn! Joon looked worried aboud how he look cool in the photos.
“Where should I stand? How is it? Am I doing fine?”

08. “How about this posture? Emphasized my chin’s v-line!”

09. Joon lifted up the tool which is much heavier than it looks!
“It’s nothing to me! Cheondung, are you watching?”

10. For the question about own “Mona Lisa”, Seungho, G.O and Mir considering with bitter smiles.
“Did I have a girl like “Mona Lisa” in my life?”

11. Joon suddenly stared at the camera while interview.
“It’s an etiquette to look at the camera while it is focused on me!”

12. Taking a polaroid picture with five members together!
“Oh, It’s embarrasing…!!” Joon was so cute smiling with hiding his mouth with his hand…!!
Mir made peace sign next to Joon. Cheondung smiled brightly. Seungho and G.O looked so chic.
Everyone was so cool!

13. Mir was checking his outfits before shooting! “This cape is the point isn’t it?”
Mir’s clothing for that day was so original! It was outstanding among other members.
He can wear any kind of clothes like a fashionista!

14. Seungho, Cheondung and G.O shooting masculine image photos.
“This posture is for chic and manly image!”

15. “Mir! What would we do? We should look much cooler than others!”
While waiting for their turn, Joon and Mir discussed about the concept.

16. “How about this? Honestly, today’s style is cool, don’t you think?”
Mir asked Joon while shooting.
Scans:
Translator : yuka1226 @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment