Saturday, September 24, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in K PARADISE (Japanese Mag.) - Part 1


MBLAQ’s event was covered at a photo studio in Kannam. On this day, Joon and Mir appeared with their hair cut short!

★「K PARADISE」The first opening interview.

All: Thank you very much!

Well then… (Your Luv’s ring tone melody is ringing)

All: (A surprised expression)

★Yes, I’m using 「Your Luv」as my ring tone. (smiles)

All: Thank you so much!!

★Every one of you cut your hair and did an image change I see!

Joon: Yes. Rather than saying we’ve cut our hair for this album it’s more like when we listened to this song we just decided to cut our hair out of the blue.

Mir: G.O-goon’s hair is especially long though.

★I saw MBLAQ’s live show at Zepp Tokyo that took place in Japan at the Budoukan and the Kyocera Dome! Performing the live show in various appearances, how did you feel?

Mir: In any case it was really fun!

Seungho: Being able to be onstage with other Korean artists was really fun. It was super exciting so it was really enjoyable being onstage.



★At the Kyocera Dome event, you guys were the first to perform, but being the first to perform is pretty tough isn’t it?

G.O: Yes, we were definitely pressured. Performance line-ups can really affect the direction of the whole performance so we must be really tight with the preparations. Because of that rather than feeling nervous, I think the expectations were bigger.

★You guys have a Hi-Touch meeting at the event at Budoukan right. The number of people that came to MBLAQ’s Hi-Touch meeting was really large so you guys know beforehand that a lot of your fans are coming do you? It is really motivating right.

G.O: Aah, we were really happy. Especially when most of the fans that came this time were the same faces that came to our Japan tour. We were really happy so we were overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude towards their continuous support.

★There were a lot of stylish and cute fans amongst MBLAQ’s fan right.

All: Hahahaha.

★That laugh hahaha. (laughs)

All: Hahahaha. (laughs)

★Having had your activities in Japan for about a month in May, what have you guys matured in?

Seungho: As to be expected, our Japanese became better! (laughs)

★Right now you guys are preparing for your next comeback song in Korea (we’ve recorded this in Seoul in July), how do you guys feel?

G.O: It feels really cool perhaps, but because in our promoting song this time we are going to experiment with an instrument that isn’t usually used in K-POP songs (Bandoneon) so I think that there is also a feeling of freshness. The melody will be more appealing to the general audience comparing to our past songs so we are really working hard to make a song that can make everyone enjoy.

★So for each of you what kind of impression do you want to express in the next single?

Joon: I’m thinking of a matured image. That’s it!

★This is pretty short!

G.O: Hey, she said it’s short!

Joon: I’ve always been like that you know. (laughs)

Cheondung: We’ve worked together really hard to show everyone that we’ve matured.

Mir: For this mini album, due to fact that we really did what we wanted to do freely, crossing the borders, not following any pattern, we are really doing what we like.

★Are you being involved in the music making?

G.O: Yes, usually we do, but because the songs that we wrote don’t really suit this mini album’s concept itself so we didn’t include them into the album. However if they do fit into the next album’s concept we will definitely include them.

About MBLAQ’s music making, have the members listened to the final product?

★Regarding music making, even though I want to listen to them, how does each of you normally make your music? Especially G.O-goon, you are going to release a solo song this time right?

G.O: (With a serious face) I make music very appropriately. I use an existing hit song and rearrange it skillfully, turning it into a new song.

★…… .Ho?

G.O: I’m just joking (laughs). There are times when I suddenly feel like making music, a good melody will pop up into my head, just like when an artist thinks of a 「melodic theme」.

Mir: Oh--- 「melodic theme」, that is so fabulous!

G.O: There are several times when I went into the toilet for just a minute and it just pops up. I’m joking (laughs).

★Huhu… somehow, I’m getting warmed up to G.O-goon (laughs). Please tell us about your solo song.

G.O: Yes, I wrote the lyrics and composed the song. This time Mir-goon helped me with the lyrics, he stole a little bit of my copyright away.

Mir: I’m not stealing anything~! (laughs)

★You did the melody first and write the lyrics later or you write the lyrics first and then you make the melody, which is it?

G.O: For me I make the melody first and then write the lyrics later.

★Do you use actual musical instruments when you make the song? Or do you do it in the computer?

G.O: Lately, we’ve mostly been doing it in the computer.

★Well then, you’ve been making it by yourself to some degree until completion right? Including the arrangement.

G.O: Yes, I did it myself to some degree, but I received some help on the arrangement. Because the arrangement is a portion that really takes time, it is impossible for me to do it because of the schedules. But I was thinking of the arrangement while I was making the melody already, so I asked the person that is going to take care of the arrangement that I want the song to have this kind of atmosphere.

★Seungho-goon can play both the guitar and the piano right! Do you make your music on the guitar with a catchy melody or do you make a melodious music on the piano, how do you make your music?

Seungho: I like the piano’s melody.

★Normally, do you let the members listen to a part of a song that you composed?


Seungho: I usually let the members listen to the song after I’ve completed it.

G.O: I will never let them listen! Because they might steal my song away. (laughs)

Mir: Yea, I will probably copy it immediately! Because I always walk around with a sound recorder (laughs).

★How about Cheondung, how do you make your music?

Cheondung: As for me, I just do it with my voice. For example if I use the piano as the song’s image, I will mimic the piano’s sound and sing dano dano dano dano~no ♪ and record. As for me, these two (pointing towards G.O and Mir) can copy my song immediately, so I will never let them hear it. As for Joon-goon, even if I let him listen to my song he won’t be able to copy it, so no matter how many times I let him listen it will still be fine. (laughs)

★Joon-goon who listens to his song, what is your comment?

Joon: I will say it directly. I’m not judging anyone negatively, if the song wasn’t good or it wasn’t really professional I will tell him. Hahaha!

★Please tell the concept of your solo live performance on the 20th of August to us.

Mir: Firstly, we are currently planning that we want to take the roof out of the hall so that we can see the sky.

Cheondung: Mir, stop joking around already~! (laughs)

★That’s perfectly fine! Please rip the roof away for real!

All: We are kidding!! (laughs)

Seungho: I think that it will be a live show that everyone will be able to feel the effort that we’ve put in.

G.O: Because this is our first solo live performance I think that we want to show the sides that we weren’t able to show until then for everyone to see. Even though they weren’t title songs in the album, we want to practice the performances of these songs that the fans came to love and show it to them.


click >> Here for Scans
Translator : Ririsu @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment