Friday, May 6, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ’s interview in HOT CHILI PAPER (Group Q&A) - Part 3

The 5 people who solidly have their dream granted will release their debut single "Your Luv" on May 4th, and at last they will start their activities in Japan in full-scale. With an original song written by Nept and composed by Miki Watabe, from their mood they've had so far it's quite an image change! In Korea they have charmed people mainly with their strong dance performance, but in "Your Luv" that beautifies their first step in Japan they increase the relative weight of vocal and have a strong appeal of "MBLAQ who sings." You can stickily feel their fighting spirit in which the members have become one, that they sing a sad man's love song loudly for you.

----- In "Your Luv" you first challenged lyrics in Japanese, so did your recording proceed smoothly? As the pronunciation is difficult are there phrases that you redid?
Seungho: As the pronunciation of "tsu" is difficult, I redid it many times. I think it's because I'm not used to the pronunciation of Japanese language yet, and I had more hardships than ever.
Cheondung: My parts were mostly in English, so it was not that difficult.
Mir: Also for me because there were many parts in English and Korean it was fine.
G.O: The pronunciation was difficult, but I was also worried if I could convey my feelings well. For example, phrases like "my precious"......
Joon: I was worried about various things, but because all the staff explained them to me very simply, I think I was able to do better than I thought.

------ During recording, is there any jinx (T/N: Jinx is the direct translation, but here the interviewer means "trick") of your own like "if I do this I can sing well"?
Seungho: When I'm singing with the lighting all turned off and in total darkness my condition is good.
G.O: Somehow when I put my hands in my pocket, I can sing well. Maybe it's because I can relax.
Joon: I make sure to drink a lot of water before I sing.
Cheondung I sing when I'm doing the choreography. It seems to be good for me.
Mir. U~m, the mood of my voice coming out well when I'm singing in a sitting pose is...... Maybe it's wrong (laugh).

----- During your CD jacket photoshooting and MV filming, was there any happening?
G.O: There was no happening, but because it was my first time filming in Japan, all incidents were impressive.
Seungho: The filming together with Japanese staff itself was novel! The process was also considerably different from Korea.
Cheondung: At the time of the filming a few of my other schedules were also overlapping each other, so actually my physical condition was not too well.
Joon: However, because all staff paid attention to us a lot, I think that we were able to film in a good atmosphere.
Cheondung: That's right! Thanks to that I could also persist and overcome the filming.
Mir: My waist has not fully recovered yet, so I participated in the rapping part only. That was a bit regrettable..... Next time I want to work hard together with my members for sure!
G.O: The color is different from the MVs that have been released in Korea so far, so it was new to me.
Seungho: Because it's become a completion that can have people to feel each good point of K-POP and J-POP, please anticipate.

----- You've come to Japan many times so far, but what is the biggest culture shock that you've felt in Japan?
G.O: I was surprised that the awareness of manner is high. It's comfortable that the streets are clean.
Mir: I was surprised that the audience watches concerts and events very quietly.
Seungho: When an ambulance comes, a road is formed in the middle of the street immediately.

----- In the last interview (published in ODINA Vol.05) about "Your Luv" you said, "We are singing with hopes included to brighten up a man's attachment," but conversely what do you think about girls with strong attachment?
MIr: The word attachment itself, is hateful (laugh).
Cheondung: However, if seeing it from a different perspective it's called being concerned about me. I can probably understand it to some extent.
G.O: I don't care about it that much. But I prefer someone who is honest and easy to understand than someone who persists.
Joon: I also prefer a simple person!
Seungho: As for me someone who absolutely doesn't tell a lie. I'm really not good at dealing with people who lie.

----- Please reveal the newest version of your "ideal female type"!
Seungho: Before, I liked someone who is strong-minded and sincere, but lately I'm attracted by girls who have aegyo.
Joon: A few days ago, when I appeared in a variety program "Strong Heart," I met actress Yoo In Na. At the moment when our eyes matched somehow my heart throbbed (laugh).
Mir: As for me, someone who is cute and always looking at me only.
Cheondung: I like someone who is innocent and adorable.
G.O: It's the type of honest girls who don't pretend to be cute.

----- Who exactly do you think is the most popular in Japan?
Seungho: G.O! Because he's a handsome man.
Cheondung: For me it's also G.O hyung. I think he's a handsome man and his gentleness is attractive.
G.O: Are the people who look like a prince that jumped out from comics popular in Japan? Then Cheondung seems to be very popular.
Joon: Probably Mir who has a cute image.
Mir: Not limited in Japan but even if girls in any countries see Joon hyung's abs, their heart absolutely will throb (laugh).

----- Was there any concrete advice from RAIN about your activities in Japan?
G.O: Always perform sincerely. He told us that if we are doing like that, everyone in Japan will definitely cheer for us and give us a lot of love.
Mir: Work hard without forgetting our initial resolution!
Seungho: He told us that although practice is difficult, enjoy on stage.

----- I think that you usually can't talk easily, but is there anything you want to say to RAIN (Jung Jihoon)?
G.O: Jihoon hyung also tells us similar things a lot. Something like "you guys never send me text messages, never call me, so do you feel uncomfortable around me?" (laugh) But I'm saying it here only. It doesn't mean that for sure Jihoon hyung would carelessly contact us in this way. If you see the strict appearance he has when he's instructing us in dancing and singing, because of this you won't be able to send him emails carelessly (laugh). However, I think I'll contact him more from now on!
Cheondung: Actually he also asked me, "Do you feel tense when we're together?" I've always been his fan since a long time ago, so I'm just nervous by all means, and I have not thought to such an extent even once! I hope Jihoon hyung will invite us to eat first (laugh).
Seungho: As the leader, there are also times when I can't give an answer. At such times if Jihoon hyung can ask me about my grumble I'll be happy.

----- In Japan you are being called "the K-POP last MONSTER," so please try to give an example of "the MONSTER place inside me" of each of you.
Cheondung: When I'm exercising I'm a MONSTER (laugh). I have no manly features and also no sharp impression, but my muscles are amazingly sharp!
Joon: It's my spite. In regards to a given subject, even though one is living a life that is chased by a lot of time, the strength of that manageablity is expressed as spite in Korea.
Seungho: Though usually I have a personality of not being able to concentrate on one thing, if I'm addicted to something once, I'll concentrate on it thoroughly. Such a place is probably something like that.
Mir: U~m...... What would it be? What is it that I'm thinking? (laugh)
G.O: It's my delicacy. I'm the type that pays attention with scrupulous care to everything like clothing, expression and musical interval. However, when I'm extremely too concerned about them, on the contrary it's not even becoming any help, and a situation has also got worse instead. Even I feel such a point is MONSTERly myself.

----- At last, please give a message to your fans in Japan!
G.O: Even in Japan we will again appeal to you with the strong image of a vampire.
Seungho: Please feel our strong manliness.
Mir: Turning into a vampire, and sticking to everyone in Japan (laugh).

When we asked them about their goal that they established for their debut in Japan, "Absolutely becoming the top," Leader Seungho replied manly like this again. Exactly what kind of power will the MONSTER who shook Korea's music scene exert in Japan? Their debut single "Your Luv" in which they sing "I only have one promise, because absolutely I will never let you go." With that special magic, they want to captivate us instantly. That moment is, coming soon.


SOURCE: HOT Chili Paper Magazine
TRANSLATION: mocha@AbsoluteMBLAQ

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS. DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL CREDITS.

1 comment:

  1. wowwww YSH like girls with aegyo now?? oh noo.. I dont think I have that...Im more like the type of girl that G.O mention.. haha OK random alert~~

    ReplyDelete