Sunday, May 1, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in K-BOOM Vol. 6 Magazine (Trans)

K-BOOM Vol. 6 – April 2011

Finally, it’s your Japanese debut!! When you heard you would debut in Japan, what were your feelings?
Seungho: It was like debuting once more. It was a feeling like a new start. We debuted in Korea in 2009 but, Japan is our second debut I think. We can return to our initial intentions, and we’ll give our best in our activities!!

In Japan, “The most recent K-POP MONSTER arrival” has been reported…?
Cheondung: This is the first time we were introduced to “MONSTER”, and so we can meet that word, I guess we’ll become “MONSTER”…? I am worried about that… (laugh).
G.O: Simply MONSTER is really strong, it has an intense image doesn’t it? I think it carries the meaning of having a high degree of expectation facing us. There is some pressure but, I think MBLAQ is recieving a hot reception, with all our effort, we will do our best.

Could you please do an introduction to your Japanese debut song.
Seungho: The Japanese debut song’s title is ‘Your Luv’. So far, in Japan, most of the singers who have debuted take hit songs released in Korea and changed the lyrics into Japanese. This case happens a lot, but we adapted to Japan’s style and created a new song. In ‘Your Luv’, except the dance part, from the recording to the producer, regarding everything, we had Japanese staff participate. To that extent, the entire song carries some J-pop atmosphere. However, for preparing the dance performance, we made the best of the characteristic strong K-POP feeling. Smooth and refreshing steps are a point of the performance, and I think we can show a different appearance than what has been seen until now.

Previously, you also appeared in Rain’s concert on stage as a minor performer, right.
G.O: That’s right, our senior Rain let us stand on stage in Japan, and I think that really gave us a lot of power. We were able to experience standing on a big stage. I heard that at that time our performance became a subject all over the world and really, many people took an interest in us. Also, there was a lot of reaction from Japanese fans, because of that, we thought about definite plans to debut in Japan.

When you arrived in Japan at Haneda airport the other day, so many fans came to greet you.
Joon: That’s right. A big crowd of people came for us, but while being protected by an orderly system, everyone greeted us with smiles. It was really impressive.
G.O: People told us “Thank you for coming!”, and we felt really moved… Receiving this love for MBLAQ, we think it’s natural that we should go and meet you I think. Like that, the gratitude we received, it moved us deeply….

During your stay in Japan, if we assume you’ve experienced a moment where you had a strong impression…?
G.O: I haven’t seen it in Korea but, there was an extremely narrow alley that was a pedestrian crossing, I was surprised (laughs).
Cheondung: Also people use really narrow roads to walk [with cars], and furthermore, when there are traffic lights to look at, the culture of Japan where the system of safety is really important was impressive.

Please tell us a food of Japan you like.
Joon: At the airport I ate a sukiyaki lunchbox, it was really delicious!!
G.O: I really love gyudon!! There is the reason that it’s simple and delicious, and adding things like beef and egg, the ingredient’s original taste comes to life I think.
Cheondung: I really like katsu curry!!
Seungho: I also really like tonkatsu.

Which member is the best at Japanese?
G.O: It has gotta be Seungho who is the best.
Seungho: I am studying really hard, studying as much as I can, I feel that it’s difficult… Before the plans to debut in Japan took shape, everyone had been studying Japanese earnestly.

Please tell us a Japanese singer that you like.
Seungho: I really love X-JAPAN’s YOSHIKI. Before I debuted as MBLAQ, I was active as a rock band. I was really impressed with the way YOSHIKI played the drums… Especially, at a live in the middle of a set, at the time when he’d make an appearance and do a dynamic solo performance, the charisma he had overflowed. I think that was the best!
Joon: I like everyone in Arashi, also, I like the actress Yui Aragaki.
Cheondung: I also like everyone in Arashi and I like Namie Amuro’s music.
G.O: I like SMAP.

Is there any song of Japan’s that you’d like to try remaking?
G.O: In Korea already, the singer named Park Hyo Shin has remade ‘Yuki no Hana’, but I also want to try singing it. The Korean lyrics are beautiful, but because I like the atmosphere conveyed in the original Japanese song, I want to try that. If I become able to sing it, I will adjust the arrangement to fit me I think, but I want the original song’s atmosphere to come through.

For making real progress in Japan, have you heard about holding events and meetings…
Seungho: Yeah we have. For ‘Your Luv”s release promotion, we will hold events all around the country. It’s by a lottery, but the plan is it will be a ‘super’ limited live. I look forward to it.

Please tell us what your number one goal is this year.
Seungho: The realization of our dream to debut in Japan, we were able to fulfill that, we did a lot of personal growth, and I want to meet all our fans. In Japan, doing things like concerts with only MBLAQ, letting you hear our album compilation, I want to show you more of MBLAQ-like music.
Joon: Our goal, in Japan and in other countries, is to take position number 1!! From the people in Japan, we have recieved expectations. For them to be able to say about us, “They really were MONSTER!”, we will give all our effort. We will definitely become the top!!

SOURCE: KBOOM Vol. 6 Magazine
TRANSLATION: scionofawhisper@MBLAQ LiveJournal
PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS. DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL CREDITS.
ABM blog post by liliceprincess @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

Hannah's comment: wow~~ YSH in a rock band before?? haha thats awesome..

No comments:

Post a Comment