Monday, July 25, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ – Sia Magazine Interview

Group Interview
On the day of the interview, we had all the members except for Mir who couldn’t make it due to his rehab for his back injury.

- Japanese debut single “Your Luv” is totally different from songs performed in Korea.

SH: Yes. In Korea, our concept is “chic-dol”. So we represent image of cool and strong man who are hurt and takes a revenge. But in Japan, I’m not sure if it is because of nationality, bright and positive songs seems popular. So we decided to get along with the situation. This song has very straight and positive feeling for love, which is different from other songs, but we quite like it.

- And your Japanese pronunciation is amazing.

SH: We practiced a lot (in Japanese).
G: I became good at sound of “za ji zu ze zo”(in Japanese). The reason why we sing in Japanese is to make listeners to get lyrics meaning. So we think it is important to pronounce well.

- Do you have any favorite lines?

SH: “Meeting you who is irreplaceable~” (singing), I like all lyrics of the bridge. I like when G.O and I sing in turns.
G: (In Japanese), I like the part “I want to feel you close even at night I can’t sleep.” It is really nice if someone in love could say like this to his dear person.
J: I like meaning of “Kissing you and make your words not to interrupt”.
CD: “Because I love you and I miss you~” is easy to pronounce, and also familiar to me because the theme song of an animation I watched had similar lyrics.

- Which is?

CD: “Hitman Reborn”! LOL. I watch on line with subs.

- On the debut memorial event, many fans appreciated your fan service, it was really kind.

Everyone: Oh..(delighted)
J: I got lots of energy from meeting fans finally, who waited us for so long.
SH: Since fans give us lots of love and support, we have to pay them back when we can meet. We sometimes discuss with members about “what makes fans happy”.
G: For example, since it is first fan meeting in Japan, I prepared Japanese song to show our faith to Japan. (G.O sang “I Love You” of Ozaki Yutaka in Japanese at first fan meeting in May.)

CD: I’m doing twitter, but haven’t brought mobile phone with me now, so I have lack of communication with fans. I will get in touch more when my mobile is working, so please wait.

- By the way, when we visited you at M Countdown on SIA vol.1, you were rehearsing and discussing many times which was impressive.

SH: We are always like that. We monitor lighting, structure, our distance, choreo, and so on and make changes by ourselves with discussing.
G: We give ideas without hesitation when we rehearse, then…
SH: If we don’t get to the point, I will make decision on my right of leader. LOL
J: Yes, we obey!
G: LOL

- Your serious attitude is opposite from a funny image in variety shows.

G: Yes, I think gap of those two is our charm.
SH: We have many gaps (in Japanese).

- I heard Seungho and G.O visited Akihabara electric street.

SH: LOL. (In Japanese) We bought i-Pad case. I like mechanics, especially PC. I also like games but it is because I like touching mechanics not because of playing games.
J: Seungho can help anytime when I have trouble with mechanics.

- G.O has privately come to Japan before?

G: I’ve visited Osaka 3 or 4 years ago, and came after that with my friend. On the last visit, we had fun on the first day, but we kind of had a fight… So we just spent time separately. But my friend kept both of our passports, and I kept all our money. We were in trouble but couldn’t even call each other due to not having roaming service of our cell phones. I waited for him at the airport on the day we went back. We were able meet at the end and were able to come back. LOL.

- Joon, you said “I want to act in Japan” didn’t you?

J: Yes. But there is a language barrier, so I will start from studying Japanese so far. I’d rather watch Japanese movies than tv dramas. In case of dramas, I watched the one teacher appears.. what’s it called.. Ah! “Gokusen”! I want to take part in that kind of dramas as well. Japanese movie “Satirare” was fun too.

- Cheondung wrote some lyrics for “Your Luv”?

CD: I wrote English parts at intro and ending. It was difficult to give appropriate meaning in short sentences.

- You also compose songs. When and where do you compose?

CD: I compose in 5 to 10 minutes when I come up with ideas. I make rough structure with sequencer on pc, then arrange after that.

- Hope to listen to your works in Japan.

CD: Yes, I want to create a song for MBLAQ to sing in Japan!
G: I want to write Japanese song too, but for now, it is already challenging for us to sing different songs from Korea.
SH: I want to try new age music someday. It will be great if we could work together with Kuramoto Yuki (Japanese pianist who is also popular in Korea).
J: And our shared goal is to have a concert at Tokyo Dome. Of course it should be a solo concert of MBLAQ!

- Looking forward to it!

Mir’s Interview
In February, Mir had surgery for his injured back. He is getting better but still had to recover, so he could not come to Japan for this interview. But MBLAQ should be complete with 5 members… So, we went to Korea to see Mir and had a solo interview!

- How is your back recovering?

M: Sorry for making you worried. It’s much better now. But I still have to be careful not to work so hard.

- Since you came back to Korea, did you hear from the other members?

M: They’ve called me and sent me text like “How was the treatment?” or “Are you alright?” I’m very thankful. They told me not to work hard, so it made me want to get better soon and get back to complete MBLAQ with all 5 together.

- How did you feel about promoting in Japan?

M: I can say same thing to Korean, but the Japanese staff were really kind and treated us so well, it made us comfortable to work.

- What was your first impression of listening to “Your Luv”?

M: I thought it is great! Lyrics are really manly and direct, so didn’t feel quite different from our other songs.

- Did you have any difficulties with recording in Japanese or MV shooting?

M: Pronunciation was difficult. At MV shooting, staffs paid a lot of attention to my health, so it was not so hard.

- On the Japanese tv program “Made in BS Japan”, Seungho, G.O and Cheondung introduced you as “most popular member in Japan”. Do you think it is true?

M: Thank you very much. Actually, I am the best in Japan. LOL.

- You met a lots of fans at debut memorial event in Japan. What do fans mean to you?

M: We receive lots of love and support from them, and finally we are able to meet and pay them back. Hope we can meet up more often.

- How do you study Japanese?

M: I often watch animation and movies. I also look up the words in dictionary when I come up with. I want to be fluent in Japanese and want to be on variety shows in Japan.

- One of MBLAQ’s charm is the gaps. Do you have any?

M: To be honest, I am the most bad guy! Ha ha ha. LOL.

- Before we go, please give a message to Japanese fans.

M: I will always be hard-working Mir, so please give us your love and support.

Fanmeeting Event Interview
Report 1: High-five Event on 05/07 (Sat) at Akasaka BLITZ

This event had 2 gifts from MBLAQ. First, fans who bought tickets get to give high-fives to MBLAQ.
And ones who won the drawing raffle tickets got to see the premiere live. The live started at 7:30 p.m.

In loud screaming fans, 5 members came up to the stage and performed their Korean debut song “Oh Yeah”.
Joon looked so happy with his bright smile. When G.O waved his hand to the audience, everyone screamed.
Next song was “Stay”. Cheondung and Mir came up to the very end of the stage and excited fans.
Then they performed Japanese song “It’s Alright” and had short MC.
Seungho announced, “Our debut single “Your Luv” won a first place in the Oricon daily chart on May 4th.”
Fans (and Joon) clapped their hands and congratulated.
The last song was “Your Luv” with their elegant and stylish dance performance.
Each member left the stage saying “See you again” in Japanese.

Report 2: Japan Premiere – 1st Fan Event- on 05/26 (Thu) at ZEPP Tokyo

It was the first fan event of MBLAQ in Japan. Members came up to the stage in white outfits
and performed “Oh Yeah” and “Y”, then had a short talk unit.
MC asked about their impression of Japanese event they had in different places.
Mir answered “Tebasaki”, G.O follows “Takoyaki, Gyudon”, and Joon said “Katsu-curry”.
They just answered name of foods they liked. LOL.

Next they appear in black costumes and performed “Again”, “Stay” and so on then moved on to Q&A session.
Each members picked a question from fans which were collected in the box.
The question Cheondung picked was “What is the phrase that makes you flattered?”
His answer was “Did you eat? (with wry smile)”
Then G.O goes “Shall we eat together?” They just talk about meals again. LOL.

Topic moved to love confession phrase. Seungho said “Let’s go to the electric shop together” and made audience burst into laughter. The next stage we had were their solo performances!

G.O emotionally sang “I Love You” in Japanese. Seungho and Cheondung had a dance battle.
Joon picked a fan and bring her up to the stage and sang “Nothing Better” just for her.
(However, he found out this fan had a message board written “my prince G.O” which made audience laugh.)
Mir performed a rap after Joon.
At last they performed “Your Luv” and “One Better Day” and some other numbers.
Both members and fans were excited all together.

Source: HERE
Translation: yuka1226@AbsoluteMBLAQ
PLEASE KEEP ALL CREDITS & DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL CREDITS IF TAKEN OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment