Sunday, January 22, 2012

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in Hanako Magazine

Scans here

[Hanako #1011 BLAQ in My Heart]

-Group interview-

MBLAQ who stands out with unique concept "sexy vampires" finally on Hanako with their 2nd single "Baby U!". We'll introduce you their unique characters.

- You had many schedules in Japan in 2011. Could you tell us what you worked hard on the most?
G.O: Shall we introduce the effort made by the person sitting next to ourselves?
- Yes, please!
G: Cheondung took a part in writing lyrics for "Baby U!". He researched what kind of songs are appreciated
in Japan, and also bought many magazines to study fashion.
Cheondung: I was curious what kind of songs and outfits Japanese fans like.
Well, I'll talk about Mir then. Mir always checked weather forecast before coming to Japan,
and advised us "It seems freezing. You better bring your coat". It helped a lot.
He also monitored Japanese tv programs and shared some information with us.
G.O: During recording of "Baby U!", Mir checked our Japanese pronunciation too. Especially "Again" is slow ballad, so we paid attention to pronunciation. Mir was the most serious one as if it was his solo track lol. Thanks to him, we made a great piece.
- Mir, please tell us about Joon!
Mir: Since MBLAQ is still newbie in Japan, we better get used to activities in Japan. So Joon researched other Japanese groups made their debut at the same time as us. He told us about the fellow artists on the train the other day.
- Such as?
Joon: It's...secret lol.
- What a pity! You really seem to have own roles.
Joon: Yes, we do. You'll be surprised even more after hearing what Seungho worked hard on.
Seungho studied what kind of mechanics and tools Japanese artists are using. He knows very well about it.
- Really?
Seungho: Most of them are using Pro Tools. I've just started to learn how to use it. And also Sonar is also popular.
I'm obsessed with mechanics so I looked around and checked which brand's tools they have in studio while recording.
- That's amazing. Now please introduce G.O's episode.
Seungho: G.O cared a lot about outfits. While we were shopping, he said "can we wear this on the stage?" and kept looking for accessories or clothing which only can be purchased in Japan. He even called an apparel company for inquiry. We can ask G.O anything about fashion.
G.O: The outfits for "Baby U!" are also full of my ideas.
- Lastly, please tell us a summary of 2011 and new year's resolution.
Seungho: In 2011, we made our effort and grew up well as a group. The good thing is, we did continue to work both in Japan and Korea at the same time. We'll work harder and show you different charms in 2012. Hopefully we will have an asia tour.

-Individual interview-

[Seungho]

Fixing gadgets is very significant in many hobbies Seungho has. Of course he can handle connecting cables which most of girls hate dealing with it.
"I receive many inquiries on twitter as if I'm a call center. I liked fixing mechanics since I was a kid.

I used to break everything into parts, and fix them back. Once my fan's car was broken in front of me 
and I managed to fix it."

He looks so kind. But as being a charismatic leader of MBLAQ, he was taken as "scary" personality when they made their debut.
"I was said I have atmosphere not easy to talk to and didn't show me smiling. Even fans asked me "are you angry?" lol.

But I turned into brighter personality these days. We got to meet many fans through our debut in Japan, so I think 
it helped a lot. I'm not scary, I'm nice person (he said in Japanese)".


Translations: yuka1226 @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment