Thursday, November 24, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in Pati Pati Magazine Dec 2011 Issue



[PATi PATi Dec Issue] *Click >> for Scans*

MBLAQ vocal team x rap team cross talk!
Let’s praise each other’s performance!!
2nd single “Baby U!” archieved #2 on daily chart! MBLAQ also succeeded in release event in Nagoya, Osaka and Tokyo.
This time, MBLAQ diveded themselves into two teams, vocalists and rappers and talked about their performance.

MBLAQ’s 2nd single “Baby U!” has marked #2 on daily chart. The last kpop monsters are gathering attention in music scene.
What makes MBLAQ significant is combination of elders in vocal team and rapper team consisted of youngers.
In this issue, we asked them to devide themselves into two teams and discuss about each other.

-From the point of vocal team’s view, how would you describe rapper team?
S: Rappers represent manly and strong image, and I think yougest two are doing great in that roll.
I’m impressed, but they tend to be way too dorky, so I want them to control a bit.

-Ahaha, they really are full of mischief lol.
G: As rappers, both of them are good at telling lyrics meaning clearly. So it’s rather matter of producing
but I want them to challenge rapping in perfect Japanese.

J: As G.O said, in a way of telling lyrics clearly, they are really good and kind to listners.
But sometimes, they talk too fast and make it hard for old people to catch up. I think it’s unkind.
It sometimes becomes good point, but also bad at times.

-I see. That’s sharp opinion. Well then maknae team, what do you think of vocalist team?
M: I think all three have ability to tell emotions well through singing. When they sing smooth songs,
they sounds really nice and kind. On the contrary, when they represent bad guy’s feeling in songs,
they do look like bad guys themselves. That makes me think they’re amazing.
The time we promoted “I don’t know”, their gaze were so scary.. it made me really frightend (and Mir mimicked).

C: Those three are really talented, so I admire their facial expression in performance, dancing and singing ability.
Even though they’re perfect, if I had to say, I want them to challenge new things.

-How do you feel about their suggestion about rapping in Japanese?
M: “Baby U!” has some Japanese phrase in rap parts, but I want to try more long and perfect rap next time.

C: I was expecting Japanese producer to write rap in Japanese, but I was asked to write by myself, so I did.
I hope we can discuss more with producer next time and challenge rapping in Japanese.

-Do you have any favorite Japanese rapper?
M: I like m-flo.

-Well, I’ll ask you vocalist team again. How do you feel about rapper teams’s suggestion “to challenge something new”?
S: Keep challenging new things is always good. When you stop challenging, it means you cannot improve anymore.
I think finding out and trying new things is the way to continue our career, so I’d love to do so.

J: Challenging means “revolution” in a way, so we have to be sincere and faithful to listeners while we try new things.
It applies to the whole grpup, not only me.

G: Well, trying new things mean a lot, but risky at the same time because we’re not used to it.
But attitude to challenge things is meaningful, so we should keep that in our mind.

-If vocalist team starts to say they want to try something like Lady Gaga, do you agree? (asking to rapper team)
C: No way at all lol.

-So oppose fiercely? lol
G: We are boys group, so I’d like to decline outfits like Lady Gaga.

-LOL! By the way, rappers were chosen to be in their roll because they’re younger?
G: In Korea, rapping doesn’t have so much history. It started in 80′s. Then it became popular in 90′s
and many people grew up with listening to rap. So rap is not new and rather familiar to people in thirties.
So we don’t think “rapping is what young people do”. It’s already beyond the generations.
It’ the time older men go crazy for SNSD songs, so there is no border of generations when it comes to music.

-So it just happened to be younger members of MBLAQ?
C: I think there’s no clear definition like who is vocalist and who is rapper.
I’d rather have an image that both are instruments played by human voice.

-Like guitars and pianos?
C: Yes. As a song is consisted of some instruments like a guitar and a piano. There’s not much difference in
vocalists and rappers, it’s just way of difference how to play an instruments with human voice.
There’s not much difference in fact.

-That’s a good point of view. So please describe the charms of the vocalist team as instruments.
C: Seungho’s voice is thick, clear and beautiful. His voice is easy to hear. G.O’s singing voice is just speechless. There’s no words to explain, just amazing. Especially he’s good at expressing subtle emotions.
He is the greatest vocalist. Joon is so talented. Since he’s also good actor, so his facial expression
while singing is great. About Mir, he’s a good rapper and making a great improvement in dancing lately.
He’s also getting better in writing rap himself, so really impressive.

-How do you think of rapper team? (asking to vocalist team)
S: Cheondung is multi talented. He’s fluent in English and Korean, so he can rap well in both.
He also has good sense of music and taking vocal training lately, so I’m anticipating him to become a good vocalist as well.
Mir is a person who grows as much as he works hard. So I hope him to keep trying as hard as he did till now
so that he can always provide the best performance.

-At last, I want G.O to conclude the by describing each teams’ character.
G: Older three love ballads and younger two like hip-hop. Regarding to foods, we all love cutlet-curry and gyudon.

-LOL! I see.. cutlet-curry and gyudon.
G: In addition, elders are all nice and kind, but youngers are more like bad guys lol.

-Ahaha! Are they bad guys? Well, please stay funny as you are.

[More about MBLAQ]

-What is your favorite breakfast menu?
S: Instant ramen. When I have schedule in the morning, I can’t eat ramen late at night otherwise my face will get swelled.
So I’ll be patient at the night and eat in the morning instead.

G: Spam(spiced ham). It’s tasty and easy to cook, and matches rice.

J: Bacon and eggs with milk. I once ordered at the hotel and it was delicious. Especially milk was very spicy.(*t/n Bacon must be the spicy one, but Joon said milk was spicy lol) But it’s hard to do it myself at home.

M: Jjigae. It’s like a korean version of miso soup. I want to eat every morning. It cheers me up somehow and keeps me going longer than anything.

C: Scrambled eggs with ketchup, bacon and some piece of bread. I often order room service when I stay at the hotel.
It has British feeling and not too much to eat.

Credit Scans:natumblaq
TRANSLATION: yuka1226 @AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment