Sunday, November 13, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in Asian Place - Dec. Issue (Jap. Magazine)

[Asian Place Dec. Issue]

Scans

MBLAQ 2nd Single "Baby U!" 10.26 Release!! Addictive poweful and sexy upper tune!!

MBLAQ made their debut in May with "Your Luv" which archived #1 on daily chart.
Their 2nd single "Baby U!" is now airing as the opening theme for "Beelzebub".
Can't take eyes off them who have also released mini album "Mona Lisa" in July and succeeded in their first solo concert in Seoul in August.
In addition to normal version(CD only), there are also 3 versions with DVD each has different contents.


-First of all, let us know how you felt about first solo concert in Seoul.
Joon: I think fans enjoyed more than I expected. If we have a chance, we definitely want to have a solo concert in Japan.
Mir: It was like a dream. It's a pity we could do it only in Korea. Desperate to have one in Japan.

-We're looking forward to it! Well, your 2nd single "Baby U!" will be released. Since the debut with "Your Luv", how did MBLAQ as a group improved? If you have any specific episodes, please share with us.
Seungho: It's Japanese language. While we spent a month here, we had many opportunities to talk or sing in Japanese. I think it helped a lot.
Mir: Regarding songs, we were nervous and lind of awkward in "Your Luv", but we got used to Japanese style of song making with 2nd single.

-The more you get used to, the smoother the process gets. How did you feel about "Baby U!" when you heard for the first time? It has many aspects such as catchy, funky but also unique in a way of mixture of verse and rap.
Mir: I thought "this is the title track" lol.
Joon: So did I. I also felt it's a speedy catchy song.
G.O: It sounds more relaxed than "Your Luv". Instead, I tried to express this song with more powerful vocal, so I'd be glad if you noticed my intention.

-As you mentioned, we're also curious about how you tried and prepared for the recording.
G.O: I controlled myself and tried to accomplish the completeness of the song.
Joon: I kept practice singing since I join the vocal parts.
Mir: Well, I also tried rappping in Japanese, so paid full attention to pronounciation.



-Did you have any difficulties or successful experience through recording?
Seungho: I made same mistakes on a particular pronounciation, so it took me long.
G.O: No matter how the lyrics are great, meaning and feeling inside won't be expressed properly if we sounded unnatural. So I really focuced on pronouncing every word correctly.

-So this song is the result of all your efforts. By the way, were you all together when other members recorded own parts?
G.O: Yes, we stayed all together.

-Then were you impressed by their attitude and efforts?
G.O: Yes, but we rather enjoyed recording together than paying attention to each other.
Cheondung: We all tried to be original in own parts, and worked as one in shared parts. It was really meaningful time.

-That's great. "Baby U!" has a line "I'll stand up only for you". Do you agree with this strong will?
G.O: Can't agree more.
Joon: This is the song about a man who leads a woman, so I'd feel the same.
Seungho: That's right. I think men should take the lead as well.

-How manly you are. How about chreography? Please give us some hints.
Seungho: It's unique chreo which matches the song. Please look forward to the live performance.

-Apart from "Baby U!", you revealed your matured charm with "Again". Please share your first impression of this song.
G.O: It's sad and sentimental J-pop ballad. I found it easy to express the feelings.
Joon: I feel we became much close to J-pop taste.

-Because it's emotional, sensitive expression is required. What did you focus on while recording this song?
Seungho: I always pay attention to all parts I get. I pronounced even more carefully to make it emotional.
Joon: I also thought we should be delibirate in recording, so it took us quite long to finish.

-Then you've seen other members' efforts in this song as well.
Joon: Yes, I'd been watching and listening. As I listened others singing, I thought "wow, they're really good".
Cheondung: I felt the same way. Listened to hyungs' good singing and it made me feel "I should work harder!"

-You seem to get good influence by members. Well in both songs "Baby U!" and "Again", what is your favorite line in lyrics or melody?
Seungho: I like "the more we pretend to be strong, the more we hurt each other".
G.O: Mine is also from "Baby U!". "I'll stand up only for you, I'll never let you be alone again".
Joon: My favotie is "Nothing to do on Holiday" from "Again".
Cheondung: I like my rap part in "Baby U!". "I'll think about you longer than forever".
Mir: It's also from "Baby U!". "I won't hand you over to anyone, I don't want to"

-I can see your characters in your choices. "Your Luv-wasabii remix-" the different version from original is also included. What did you think of it when you first heard? Any particular parts you like?
Seungho: I like the way it sounds urban stylish with simple groove.
Mir: It's totally different from the original rhythm track. I think it's unique and attractive.

-What have you gained through making 2nd single "Baby U!" which shows new side of MBLAQ?
Mir: After finishing everything, my anticipation for this single grew up so high.
Joon: Me too. We've gained confidence to promote and perform happier than ever after this!

-What do you wish to archieve in Japanese activity?
Mir: I want #1 on oricon chart.
Seungho: Let's see. I hope to receive lots of love and support from Japanese fans.
G.O: Your support truly become our power.

-MBLAQ andd fans really think of each other. At last, please leave a message to fans in Japan.
Seungho: We'll visit Japan in October, so please keep supporting!
Cheondung: We will see you in more grown up appearance.
Joon: Thank you so much for waiting for us without forgetting. I'm going to pay you back with great performance that I won't regret. Really appreciate your support.
Mir: Thanks for anticipationg us so long! We're preparing for comeback, so please look forward to it!
G.O: I love you all!!

-Personal Keyword Interview- (interviewer picked some words from lyrics and made related questions)

[anyone]
-Apart from singing and dancing, in what would you never be beaten by anyone?
G.O: Expressing feelings when I sing. People also admit this, so I'm very glad.
Seungho: Playing piano and card trick.
Joon: Acting. Yet it's only me who think so lol.
Cheondung: Sense in composing songs. Also, that's only in my mind lol.
Mir: To entertain people. Everyone says I'm funny, and I think of myself as well lol.

[no matter when]
-As being an artist, what do you keep in your mind no matter when?
G.O: To respond to fans' anticipation.
Seungho: Because I'm leader of MBLAQ, I always try to be aware of my responsibility.
Joon: It's from Korean proverb, "There is no pleasure without pain".
Cheondung: I won't quit making effort till I become the singer I always dreamed of.
Mir: Never let fans down.

[cafe]
-If you were to own a cafe, what whould it be like?
G.O: A cage made by cars. I want to convert cars into tables lol.
Seungho: I want it to be the frontier with robots serving in stead of human.
Joon: I like it nice and calm. A cafe which lovers can stop by.
Cheondung: A cafe where we can play with pets!
Mir: A cafe with stewards lol.

[baby]
-How was your baby/childhood?
G.O: I was a naughty boy. My parents told me that I used bully my pet turtle lol.
Seungho: Studying hard, an earnest student.
Joon: I was a footloose kid to go out anytime, anywhere. That's what my parents said lol.
Cheondung: A calm and quiet child.
Mir: Always naughty and hyped..well still I am? lol

[dress up]
-If you had a choice, how would you dress yourself up?
G.O: I like casual style basically in black with one accent. There are many styles even in just black lol.
Seungho: I like formal outfit. So I would dress neatly with short cut hair.
Joon: Sporty style which I can move easily.
Cheondung: I want to cordinate everything in unique and original style.
Mir: I want to dress up with high brands. I'm not good at choosing clothes, so better spend lots of money and rely on popular designers! lol.

[nothing to do on holiday]
-What would you do?
G.O: I want to rearrange my interiors.
Seungho: I'd sleep all day long.
Joon: I want to take a day trip.
Cheondung: I want to play with Dadoong all day.
Mir: I'd like to go shopping.

[stage]
-Is there anything you do without fail before the stage?
G.O: Mind cotrol to calm down.
Seungho: Drink tons of water lol.
Joon: Fasten my shoelaces.
Cheondung: Check my voice and chreography.
Mir: Mind control.

[watch]
-What time is your favorite?
G.O: 10am. Shops open, and everything seem to start a day on that time.
Seungho: From 1am to 3am. I like it's calm atmosphere.
Joon: 2am. Finish everything I got to do and time for freedom.
Cheondung: Midnight. I like spending my spare time at end of the day.
Mir: I like 8am. I've become morning person lately lol.

[wish]
-What is your wish as an artist?
G.O: To become a singer that whole world would appreciate.
Seungho: I want to continue my career as long as I can.
Joon: My wish is to become the artist who is proud of himself.
Cheondung: To become the one everyone admit.
Mir: I want MBLAQ to be loved by everyone for long time!

Translator : yuka1226 @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment