Sunday, October 9, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ at K PARADISE (Mona Lisa)

Part 1:   | Scans:

MBLAQ’s J-POP image is bright, powerful, and hopeful!

What about the preparation for the solo parts?

Seungho: Yes we are working on it.

Mir: Everyone is really working hard on their solo parts.


Right now is it possible for you guys to reveal some of the details?

G.O: There will probably be some magic in it. For example people will think “something like this can be used in a concert too” when they see it, this is the kind of magic that will be used in our performances.

I’m looking forward to it! The broadcast of the announcement was very interesting.

Joon: It was the manager’s idea. We didn’t know anything about it~ hahaha! I’m just kidding.

Eh~!? (laughs) Understood. Well then I will ask you guys about the music that you’ve released in Japan. I think that「Your Luv」is like a fusion between J-POP and K-POP, but from MBLAQ’s point of view what kind of J-POP do you think it is?

G.O: If I were to compare K-POP and J-POP, there aren’t a lot of J-POP songs that are made on the computer, because of that I feel that J-POP produces a purer sound. For Korea, making songs on the computer is becoming a boom. With that when I listen to J-POP I feel that it’s pure, somehow it has a powerful and bright image. When you first listen to our songs such as「Your Luv」and「Into the Night」you might not feel used to it at first, but it was a feel-good song.

Cheondung: When I listen to J-POP, I think that the melody is very hopeful, powerful, and bright. After listening to it once the melody will stick in my head, bububububu~ ♪ and then I will want to sing along.

Mir: Well, J-POP melodies are very beautiful and impressive, so when I listen to J-POP it makes me feel at ease.

G.O: Mir, you don’t listen to a lot of J-POP do you?

Mir: Recently, a lot of K-POP songs have lots of beats and sources, such as instruments and various compositions, but J-POP feels very pleasant!!

G.O: You don’t even know the meaning of K-POP and J-POP do you? (laughs)

Mir: That’s not true, I know what they mean~!

Seungho: As for me both J-POP and K-POP are music, so there isn’t much difference between them.

Seungho-goon has been answering in interviews and such that you like X-JAPAN right. What is the charm of X-JAPAN that attracted Seungho-goon?

Seungho: The true ability of each band members is the best and I really admire their ability to become one with the audiences and being able to enjoy along when they are performing on stage.

Have you ever covered one of X-JAPAN’s song on the piano before?

Seungho: I can play all of the songs that have a piano part.

Waa, that’s so great! By the way in「Your Luv」, Joon-goon’s part ♪Jyama wa sasenai~ (I won’t let you interrupt), your way of singing seems to be rising up from the bottom to the top, even though I think that that is a Japanese characteristic, but when you sing it how did you feel?

Joon: That part right, the director also spoke to me about my way of singing, but I wasn’t really used to it at first. However, after receiving various advices, I think that it turned out pretty good.

Well then, this is quite a sudden change of topic, Twitter and other internet tools, some use it and some don’t, but in what way do you guys think you should communicate?

Seungho: I think it is very good. I think that it is easier to communicate with people that want to know more about us.

By the way, G.O-goon’s Japanese ramblings made us very happy.

G.O: Aah, is that true? As for me, I tweet in Japanese when I’m in Japan and I tweet in Korean when I’m Korea. I believe that those that are in the same place as us will be able to sympathize/feel with us by knowing where we are and what are are we doing. I’ve been tweeting with this mindset. If everyone really thinks the same way as me I will be so happy.

Amongst the K-POP artists that came to work in Japan, I think that G.O-goon is the No. 1 K-POP artist that make his approaches in Japanese!

G.O: Is that true! I’m happy.

From now on too, please continue to work hard!

G.O: Yes.

While looking back at the first half of 2011, what kind of goals do you guys have in mind for the latter half of the year?

We are drawing close to the end. We’ve already been through the first half of the year 2011. How was the first half of the year for each of you?

Seungho: The first half of the year has been very fun, but I also feel that there’s something lacking. I still want to a lot of thing as a part of MBLAQ, I have never thought of doing an individual activity apart from MBLAQ yet.

Cheondung: I can’t think of much actually, but instead of saying a lot of things happened, I feel that a lot of big things have happened routinely. I hope that for that latter half of the year, I will be able to make a lot of good memories and wish that a lot of good things will happen to us.

Mir: It wasn’t a pretty first half of the year for me. It was full of bad memories about my injury. So I hope that I won’t get hurt and be healthy in the latter half of the year, and to continue to work my hardest to make this a satisfying year.

What have you gained from your injury?

Mir: I think its passion. Staying at home for two months and not doing any work, I think that I’ve been able to take a look at things from a new perspective.

Joon: As for me, personally, it wasn’t that good either so I hope that a lot of good things will happen in the second half.

I saw Joon-goon’s airport fashion and people taking your photos, I was thinking that your casual fashion sense was the best.

Joon: Ehh!? (wide smile)

All: Waaa~!! (in a sense of making fun)

Mir: Joon-goon try standing up!

Joon: My fashion sense isn’t that good you know.

Joon-goon, I think that your photos, even when you are in your casual clothes are good. I think that you can even become a stylist for the group.

Joon: No way! (smiles) Aren’t you exaggerating? But this makes me so happy.

G.O: Yea, I definitely think that Joon-goon has a good fashion sense, but it changes according to his mood! (tapping Joon’s shoulder casually)

Well then, please take care of your health and please work hard for the latter half of this year!

All: Thank you very much!

Translator : Ririsu @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment