Sunday, October 23, 2011

[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ on PATIPATI - Nov. Issue (Jap. Magazine)

click for >>>> Scans
[PATI-PATI Nov Issue]

Baby U! Upper tuned 2nd single has arrived!
MBLAQ's 2nd single will be out on Oct 26th. The title track "Baby U!" is chosen for opening theme of animation "Beelzebub"!!
Here's interview with those five boys who will surely increase popularity in Japan!


Finally, MBLAQ's 2nd single "Baby U!" will be released. The title track moves on speedy from verse, bridge to chorus.
Rap which is written in Japanese, Korean and English makes this song more thrilling.
MBLAQ is going to rock Japanese fans' heart with their extremely sentimental love song.
On the other hand, coupling track "Again" is the classic R&B tune.
They take rolls on lead vocal and complete groovy chorus which is the reason why they are called talented.
We had interviewed MBLAQ who are gaining lots of fans here in Japan and asked about their up-coming 
killer tune "Baby U!".

-"Baby U!" sounds pop and speedy.
Joon: It matches recent k-pop trend.
Seungho: The speedy development will make you addicted by listening.

-True. How are you going to live perform along its speedy development?
Seungho: As same in "Your Luv", we focus on expressing and telling the meaning of lyrics by our performance.
G.O: The lyrics are the most important part, so I wish we could share the message included in this song.

-Rap is written in Japanese, Korean and English. What do you aim by including 3 languages into one song?
Cheondung: Lately, kpop is gaining interests from many countries, so we wanted to pay you back a bit.
Mir: I wish I could communicate with people much more than I do now, so tried rapping in different languages.

-The last line of lyrics is "Hey I'm lonely, so lonely". Is it loneliness which lies beneath this song?
Cheondung: Yes. I think everyone feels lonely even they pretend they don't.

-Another line says "I only want to be with you whenever". Do you always wish to stay together with your girlfriend?
Or do you want appropriate distance?

Seungho: It depends on time and place lol.
Cheondung: Hmm I want to be with her as much as I can.
Joon: I want to stay close in my heart, but real life won't let me lol.

-Hahaha. By the way, "Baby U!" is now opening theme for "Beelzebub".
Do you like any Japanese animation?

Seungho: "Beelzebub", of course lol!
Cheondung: I like "NARUTO". Love its splendid action and pictures.
Mir: "ONE PIECE", "NARUTO", "BLEACH" and "Beelzebub". There are many I like.

-Another song "Again" sounds mellow R&B style. How do you feel by singing?
Seungho: I also paid full attention on pronounciation and meaning of lyrics. 
Joon: I was taught how to pronounce and how to express feelings when recording, so I think it went well.
G.O: It's a sentimental song, so I'm little worried if I could fully express that feeling.

-No worries. You've improved so much with singing in Japanese.
G.O: We promoted in Japan, so it helped a lot. But when we work in Korea, there's quite a few chance to speak Japanese,
so I easily forget and cannot get better. People around me are teaching me and I'm studying by myself too.
Seungho: I learn Japanese phrases by singing songs I like, so it might have helped.

-And you sound sexy, too.
Joon: Do I sing in sexy way? Well if it does sound so... thank you lol!
G.O: I really don't try to sound sexy, but focused on singing emotionaly to express R&B sentimental feeling.

-The chorus part which you sing succeeded "More and more I want to see you again" is really awesome!
How was the recording?

Seungho: We recorded at the new studio, so it was refreshing. We all enjoyed.
Joon: Staffs there treated us kindly, so we could relax and record in good mood.

-There is a line "The place we used to meet up". Please tell us typical rendezvous spot in Korea.
Seungho: Namsan.
G.O: People often meet at Jongro.
Joon: Sinchon.
Cheondung: Apgujeong Rodeo street.
Mir: Hangang as well.

-Track #3 is "Your Luv -Wasabii Remix-". What is the concept for this remix?
Seungho: We've received so much love from Japanese fans, so wanted to pay you back
by including this remix as a bonus track. I hope you'll like it because it is "Wasabii Remix".
It has different feeling from original version, and I love it so much.


-At last, please share how you felt the first solo concert held in August.
G.O: I still can't forget how great it was. I really want to have another concert like that.
To make it come true, I will work harder!
Cheondung: I was very touched to see many Japanese fans came to that concert.
I hope we could see you soon in the way we did at the concert.
Mir: It was my dream since our debut, so I really had fun and was very happy.
I was surprised to see many fans from abroad especially lots from Japan. Thank you so much for your support.

More MBLAQ -mini corner-
Q. When it comes to autumn?
Seungho: It's Seungho's season, because my birthday is in autumn lol.
G.O: Autumn with the sky clear and blue, and horses frowing stout. Let's eat well and work hard!
Joon: Season to eat.
Cheondung: Sentimental season. Watching leaves fall is beautiful but feels lonely at the same time.
Mir: Good time to read! I will read a lot of books as usual!

Translator : yuka1226 @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment